Jun
12

Forever Blue

Shelby Faulkner

Urbana, Ohio

Agriscience Education

Shelby(4th from the left) posing with the Tolles Career and Technical Center FFA group.

“…and your 2011-2012 Ohio FFA State Sentinel is, Shelby Faulkner!” With this announcement, my life was changed forever. Then, just one short year later, I was elected as the 2012-2013 Ohio FFA State President. As an officer, I have traveled to Indianapolis four times, Washington D.C. twice and also to Argentina. I have spent two summers at Ohio FFA Camp Muskingum and have put more miles on my car than I ever thought possible. Most importantly though,I have been blessed with 29 teammates and the opportunity to represent over 23,000 Ohio FFA members.

As a state officer, I was able to visit FFA chapters all across the state of Ohio and complete leadership workshops with the students. I began my term of service hoping to make a difference in the lives of others, but I quickly realized that I was the one who would truly be impacted. Ohio FFA members continue to amaze me on a daily basis. Whether it is PJ, who has found a passion in meteorology and wants to pursue this as a career, or even Seth who has proven to me that we can accomplish anything we set our minds too. Ohio FFA members truly are making a difference in the world.

While my time in the blue jacket might be coming to an end, I will never forget the people that I have met and the lessons that I have learned through the FFA. As I return to The Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, I will never forget that I am “Forever Blue”.