Feb
8

Whirlwind Experience Serving Others!

Amy Jo Frost

Bloomingburg, Ohio

AgriScience Educationamy_blog

I believe genuine service is the best thing you can dedicate your life to and that is the primary reason I chose to become a resident advisor (RA).  After my career as a state FFA officer came to a close I searched for a new way to impact my community and serve those around me.  When I came across the RA position there was no better opportunity that fit the bill!  I went through the application and interview process and at the end of my sophomore year in spring 2012, I was hired as an RA in Scott House. 

I moved to the third floor of Norton House for the 2012-2013 academic year.  Since then my life has been a whirlwind!  I have almost 50 residents living on my floor and I am responsible for decorating, planning programs, handling roommate issues, and making sure everyone is following OSU housing policy.  Although being an RA is my job, I have developed sincere friendships with those living on my floor.  I have had the opportunity to be a role model for them, but they have also impacted me in ways I can’t describe.  From movie nights, to late night chats, to having family dinners, we have become nothing less than family to each other.