Jan
18

Living a Dream!

basketballLibby Bender

Marion, OH

Agribusiness and Applied Economics

As a little girl, I have always loved basketball and playing it with my brothers.  Before I knew it, it was my senior year of high school and I didn’t know what I wanted to do.  Play basketball or study agriculture? Well, I finally found the best of both worlds coming to The Ohio State University because I was chosen to be a student manager for the women’s basketball team and I get to study agribusiness and applied economics.

Being a student manager, I have the opportunity to interact with the coaches and the players on a daily basis.  There are seven other managers and we have responsibilities that contain filling up water bottles, passing out towels, running the clock for practice, and travelling with the team.  We also are able to do some office work such as manifests for the charter flights, organizing ball kid club, and videos to make film scout. We get to travel around to all of the universities within the Midwest and also to the east or west coast during Christmas break. 

I have really enjoyed working with the team and meeting all the people that I have.  Being able to travel to all the universities has been an amazing opportunity as well.  I will always be a Buckeye and cheer on the Women’s Basketball team because I know how hard they work every day.